Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Smoothies

I think our blender gets used more than any other kitchen appliance we own. Jared and I make smoothies probably 3 or 4 times a week. We just buy lots of fresh fruit when it's on a good deal and freeze it, so we can turn it into smoothies whenever we want. We typically stick to bananas, strawberries, and other normal smoothie fruits, but tonight I decided to be adventurous. I made this to go along with dinner and it was just like drinking pumpkin pie. But better. And a whole lot better for you too. I really just threw together some leftovers in my fridge that I needed to use up, along with some other things, but somehow it turned out fabulous. I'm sure you could be pretty flexible with this recipe, but here's what I did (all measurements are just very rough guesses). Oh, and all the ingredients should be cold, or you'll need to add some ice.

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (Serves 2)
1 zucchini, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup (maybe it was more) canned pumpkin puree
1 frozen banana (using frozen bananas makes the texture really creamy)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup milk
Sugar to taste
Cinnamon and nutmeg, to taste (probably 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg should do)

Blend everything up in a blender until smooth, and adjust to taste if you think it needs anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment